Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Young Single Adult Camp in Bonao!


Carolina and I never like to miss out the action! We heard there was a mission-wide YSA conference one weekend, and they said we could go! I was especially excited for the dance part of it! We loaded up in a small bus with some of our friends from the ward we attend and rode out the the western part of the country where the Church owns a gorgeous property up in the green, tropical hills that they use for youth camps as well!


"Chastity Bridge" Don't cross the line at night! ;)




What is this fruit!? Our friends told us to pick it off the tree and eat it right there! The inside was white and tasted kind of like a mix between an apple and a pear.



 



They split us all up into little wood cabins with cots to sleep on, with 8-10 girls each! the girls I met were hilarious and kept me entertained! (Even if they talk so fast in their Dominican accents that I can barely understand them.) They immediately loved me and made me feel included. We have even been keeping in touch through our "WhatsApp" chat group named after our cabin, Zacarías 2.



Swarming the ice cream man who randomly pulled up by the camp before our drive home.


No comments:

Post a Comment